Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
MMMMmmmm DIESEL
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like I'm picking this up this week with no motor. I could of bought it with the big kohler they put on but the price was a lot more and I prefer the big tecumsehs and originality. So this week end I dug one of the spare oh140 out from under the bench and got it ready for its new home.

This tractor should make a real nice work tractor.

Another nice thing was the owner didn't put the hood back on cause he didn't want to chop it up when they put the motor on. I wish more people were like that.

Attachments

·
MMMMmmmm DIESEL
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah not to bad. Should be an easy project.plan is to get it goin and then paint and decals and make it really presentable tractor.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Interesting arm chair you have there!!!

I do like it when tractors have the correct engines in them & not been mess with to mutch over the years.

A rare trac in the UK

·
MMMMmmmm DIESEL
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have all the correct seat stuff for it.

Reactions: blackjackjakexxix

·
Registered
9,179 Posts
Nice looking machine you found there. I like the way the Tech engines run but don't like the way the turn over. Have a 14 with a new starter and it still turns over real slow. Battery is 250 cca and less than a year old. Guess that is just way the Tech are so will live with it. I like that seat but wonder if the arm rest might get in the way. Like you I would prefer the OEM seat.

·
MMMMmmmm DIESEL
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There's room put a big battery in makes a world of difference.

·
Getting Out!
8,205 Posts
Quite the seat, yes. More for some sort of Butt Buggy rig tho, not the real tractor. Looks rough all-over, bet had a rough life with no mantainance? I would like one of those, but being first Bolen's, would want it to be more complete or better shape for me.

·
Registered
43 Posts
In my experience Tecumsehs in Hydro tractors have little problem turning over when the Hydro belts are disengaged.

Reactions: blackjackjakexxix

·
1,205 Posts
It looks to be in nice shape and that Kohler will come in handy somewhere else. It's nice that you have an original OH14 and that the hood was not chopped up. Should make a nice tractor for you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts