Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have access to a Haban 514 flail mower? I am missing the bracket for the one I purchased a few years ago. I could use the bracket itself, schematics or I can pay someone to fab one up for me. I’ve been looking for a very long time for the part. Everyone who has offered to help me has dropped off the face of the earth. I live in Oregon and would love to pay someone to help me out and ship it here. I’ll post pictures of what I need, thanks.

Attachments

·
1,232 Posts
I wish you were closer to NH I'd let you take all the measurement off of mine. Maybe someone here has a parts mower they could part with. If you or a friend is ever in southern NH look me up and you can have access to mine. Best of luck I hope someone can help you out.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
He can make the lift arms
Obviously The entire assembly can be fabricated and it wouldn't be that difficult. But without measurements it becomes much more difficult. Even pulling a tape across some of the more critical parts and taking a picture would make the fabrication much easier. I am sure I could throw that together in a day once the materials and blue print were collected. Even with just the pictures and the parts he has available it would not be impossible to make something that would work but it would take much more time and would not look quite right to someone who was intimately familiar with the machine.

I am sure any measurements posted would be appreciated even if it was by the next guy with the same or very similar problem.

Don

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Obviously The entire assembly can be fabricated and it wouldn't be that difficult. But without measurements it becomes much more difficult. Even pulling a tape across some of the more critical parts and taking a picture would make the fabrication much easier. I am sure I could throw that together in a day once the materials and blue print were collected. Even with just the pictures and the parts he has available it would not be impossible to make something that would work but it would take much more time and would not look quite right to someone who was intimately familiar with the machine.
I am sure any measurements posted would be appreciated even if it was by the next guy with the same or very similar problem.
Don
I posted on FB Bolens garden tractor group the same question, there is another guy looking for the same part.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I wish you were closer to NH I'd let you take all the measurement off of mine. Maybe someone here has a parts mower they could part with. If you or a friend is ever in southern NH look me up and you can have access to mine. Best of luck I hope someone can help you out.
I see your Haban is still on CL. If you'd ship, I'd be interested in it.
Brian

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,510 Posts

·
Got Sum
1,221 Posts
getting confused.... so there's a haban flail mower for sale on Craigslist in the New England area? My 1477 is actually running well these days and a flail mower would be a great attachment and help with some work I want to get done
thanks
Jason (accidentalchild) has a flail mo but needs the attachment mounting bracket, Rick ( blackjackjake) posted a picture of my extra bracket ( was having trouble logging on). Jason bought the bracket. I am in the process of detailed drawings that include all measurements and hope to post shortly so those inclined can can have at it replicating a mounting bracket ,was shooting for a CAD but couldn't justify price. The flail for sale is in NH and belongs to member Husky (Ed) . I believe it was completely gone over and knives replaced. Ed is top shelf, your 1477 needs a flail , sounds like a confusing ending connection.
That being said I have two and can ship so now I don't feel I've hijacked Ed on a potential sale. As I offer Clevis a look see
at mine.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts