Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last year striping scrap the cordless drills would not keep up & got frustrated so i went on a ramped moment & come up with this idea for a 12 Volt cordless drill fix

Automotive tire Bumper Wood Motor vehicle Tool
Gas Wood Machine Insect Metal
if any one does this as an idea always make sure to couple + to + from drill to battery as hooking up in negative polarity it wont work because of the circuit board inside

i just unscrewed the drill and opened it to couple the wires inside to the default battery posts in the drill

mine works fine for me but having such a long lead on mine it's a little slow but no more charging of batteries , a good car battery lasts a couple of days and some

Shane

Attachments

·
Registered
985 Posts
over time i have thrown out countless drills because of dead batteries & charges , had to have a better way

if you were to charge alternatively i would do it off a car battery so not to kill the batteries you are charging

most power pack charges are milliamp or just 1 or 2 amp charges overcharging you might kill the dry cell batteries

what you could do is pull the charger stand apart & remove the power supply & wire up 2 light grade leads with alligator clips on for battery hook up for charging ,

but be careful to make sure + to + all the way , use red & black markers on everything , most charger stands are marked + & -on the outa where the battery slides in to charge :thumbs:

Shane

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmmm so it would only 3/4 charge it , not enough ! Kenny hook up 2 x 12 v batteries in series to make 34 V & use a bit longer wiring to bleed back to 20 volts will work to charge , remembering the longer the DC cables the more voltage you lose pretty quick i might add

most 18 V charges aren 20 Volts anyways

Shane

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.