Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Tractorholic
Joined
·
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a drawing of the headlight bracket that holds the bulbs in? I could figure it out but if someone already had a drawing it would help. I am getting lazy!!
 

·
Tractorholic
Joined
·
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can figure it out from that, I just thought some one might have made a drawing of it as they made one or had an original.
 

·
Tractorholic
Joined
·
1,641 Posts
Is there a ring or something that caps them off on the front side? The ones on my 12H look as if they are about to fall out the front. I have the bracket that holds them in the back but there is nothing in front of the bulbs except for the grill panel where they sit.
 

·
Tractorholic
Joined
·
1,183 Posts
IHCubGuy said:
Is there a ring or something that caps them off on the front side? The ones on my 12H look as if they are about to fall out the front. I have the bracket that holds them in the back but there is nothing in front of the bulbs except for the grill panel where they sit.
Yes there is a rubber ring that goes around the i.d of the holes in hood.I believe they are still avail through massey.
 

·
Elf guardian
Joined
·
7,712 Posts
IHCubGuy said:
Is there a ring or something that caps them off on the front side? The ones on my 12H look as if they are about to fall out the front. I have the bracket that holds them in the back but there is nothing in front of the bulbs except for the grill panel where they sit.
I'm suprised they're not broken from the vibration. There is supposed to be a rubber/plastic trim ring between the grill panel and the bulbs.
1/4" id plastic fuel line, painted black, and slit length wise works.
 

·
Tractorholic
Joined
·
1,641 Posts
IamSherwood said:
I'm suprised they're not broken from the vibration. There is supposed to be a rubber/plastic trim ring between the grill panel and the bulbs.
1/4" id plastic fuel line, painted black, and slit length wise works.
The one bulb is broken. I think I may just try that fuel line trick. I have other work to do on the front panel as someone in the past added some other small holes for bolts or something. Need to get after them with the Mig and fill them in and grind 'em smooth.
 

·
Tractorholic
Joined
·
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Would the trim like what is used on car door edging work to go around the headlight hole or does it need to be bigger?
 

·
Fun With Horsepower
Joined
·
1,280 Posts
DanP said:
Would the trim like what is used on car door edging work to go around the headlight hole or does it need to be bigger?
I was wondering the same about the outer guard molding (The piece that connects the seat assy to the foot plate)
 

·
Tractorholic
Joined
·
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That is what I used for my trim on the fender extentions and around the battery box, I just think the stuff around the headlight is bigger that that.
 

·
Tractorholic
Joined
·
507 Posts
DanP said:
That is what I used for my trim on the fender extentions and around the battery box, I just think the stuff around the headlight is bigger that that.
I believe that the original was a U-shaped rubber gasket material, about the same size as 1/4" black rubber hose. I have seen the stuff used by the foot in heavy industry so it should be available from an industrial supply house. Otherwise, as IamSherwood suggests, slit a non-braided fuel or vaccum hose.
 

·
Addicted
Joined
·
247 Posts
I've tried the door edge trim on the hood of my 14 for the headlights. It seems a little small and too hard of a material. The lights just seem to slide around too much. I'm going to try the hose instead.
 

·
Electric Tractors
Joined
·
5,639 Posts
Another way to do it is to use the rubber light grommets, or buckets for 4" truck and trailer lights.
Cut out the back of the rubber, they fit in the knock outs in the hood.
The same 4" sealed light bulb fits in nice and tight without the bracket.
Automotive lighting Automotive parking light Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Amber
Automotive parking light Grille Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

I have these in ET2 and the bulbs don't fall out or move around at all.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Tractor Automotive tire
 

Attachments

·
Tractorholic
Joined
·
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the measurements now I can get that part made. I was able to order the trim rings from our Massey dealer today so we will wait for them. He was also able to get the grommet that goes around the steering column.
 

·
Fun With Horsepower
Joined
·
1,280 Posts
DanP said:
Thanks for the measurements now I can get that part made. I was able to order the trim rings from our Massey dealer today so we will wait for them. He was also able to get the grommet that goes around the steering column.
Dan, do you have that part # for the steering grommet?--
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top