Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanting some suggestions as to what I can use as a replacement for the little rubber trim that gies around the headlights? Closest thing I have seen is door edge trim, but it is harder plastic. any suggestions?

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
We had this discussion here, not too long ago.

Let me see if I can find it.

It might be in, or related to the headlight bracket thread.

·
Tractorholic
1,641 Posts
On my 12 I ended up using the binding that goes around the edge of the seat on a garden tractor. I had tore the old seat off and after looking at the slide on style binding I deteremined I could cut a length of it for each light bulb and use it. It worked out pretty good with my only complaint being that it might be a bit to stiff and not hold the light bulb super tight.

·
Electric Tractors
5,639 Posts
I bought a parts tractor and what they did was take a

black spark plug wire,

slit it down the middle,

remove the core,

install it in the hood.

It worked and looked good.

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
It seems to me that there was some sort of black tubing that folks were slitting and using to do the job. The rubber bits on my 8 are still in good shape. Can't remember what it was exactly!

·
141 Posts
Player piano tubing worked for me. I had some left from when I used to restore them. Call the nearest piano tuner and find out who services players.

·
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Found an almost exact replacement on ebay under rubber edge trim. got it in the mail today and it is 99% exact match to the old. Better than cutting tubing. thanks for the suggestions.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts