Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Tractorholic
3,097 Posts
Heath is just starting to pull up and stand but has shown no interest in climbing. Well today he was playing in his crib - the side of which is about forehead high on him - and the wife and I were doing other things around the house. And we heard a terrible thump followed by a blood curdling scream. A mad sprint into his room found him on the floor under his crib. NO injuries, but it is time to lower his mattress. Little monster nearly gave me a heart attack.
I was about 10 when my youngest sister was born, so I remember a number of things about her childhood quite well. One afternoon, sometime after she had learned to pull to her feet, she was having a crying fit. I remember Mom being totally exasperated with this non-stop crying child, so she ended up putting her in her crib, which was on a concrete floor. So, the entire family is suffering through this ceaseless "WWaaaaHHH" when all of a sudden there was a loud "Plop!" and several seconds of silence. My first thought was that Dad had had enough and had "Given her something to cry about", but then the wailing started again and I saw Mom AND Dad go racing by. She had managed to pull up over the edge of the crib, flipped over, landed on her butt, so no harm done, and it startled her into complete silence!
None of my 4 have done anything like that, so I'm quite happy!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.