Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

I've been lurking around here for sometime picking up some tips here and there, and decided that since I have finally gotten my Massey Ferguson up and running that I should share it.

This 14 was parked a couple years ago after the deck rotted out and we could not use it for mowing anymore. Recently I have taken to fiddling with machinery and last fall I pulled it from its resting place and got it under a roof. I just got it running a couple weeks ago, and have started using it for some odd jobs... okay whenever I could find an excuse.

I have the hood for it, unfortunately sans hinge. So I am unsure how I am going to get it back on. I also have all of the body panels but I took them off last fall to work on it.

The serial number is 1944004576 is there a list somewhere that could tell me what year it is.

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Plant

Wheel Tire Plant Automotive tire Vehicle

I plan on working it, just pulling an old agri-fab cart for firewood or whatever else needs to be moved and hopefully a lawn sweeper which I have a question about, but will post in the implements forum later.

Wilson

Attachments

·
Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for yo
8,677 Posts
Welcome to GTtalk Wilson. Glad you decided to join us in person. Looks like Alan has taken care of your question. I will give you a word of warning, tinkering with these machines can become addictive... :smilewink:

·
Tractorholic
3,097 Posts
Welcome to GTTalk Wilson! The Massey tractors are great machines, look forward to hearing more form you.

·
372 Posts
Welcome to Gttalk, like olcowhand says check the hardware stores for piano style hinges. I found a stainless steel one to use on my MF14 rebuild last year. I had to cut it to length and redrill the six holes for it to work.

·
Registered
7,006 Posts
Welcome aboard, Wilson, if you've been lurking for a awhile you know the ropes already---- don't take any guff, and send lots of pics !

·
Super Moderator
54,372 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Glad you found a way to keep the 14 going.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you for the welcome everyone!

Alan, Thank you for the list. 4576 would be a 1974.

olcowhand and esbbent thanks for the tip. I'll have to head over there and see what I can get. I'd really like to get that hood back on.

While lurking about I've seen what this addiction can do! I guess the side effects can be quite severe.

Right now this Massey and my Farmall Cub should keep me occupied enough... hopefully. The cub is being stubborn and keeps throwing something new at me everytime.

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Welcome to GTtalk Wilson. Looking forward to watching what you do with your MF14.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey guys

Sorry I have not posted I've been having some trouble with my computer. But things seem to be sorted out now.

I went to Lowes looking for a hinge for the hood but they were all too small. Not enough of a gap to fasten it on with nuts. My father told me he had bought a hinge for it years ago, so I just need to find it.

I also think I need to find/make a new wiring harness for it. It is quite a mess.

Wilson

1 - 19 of 19 Posts