Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had this bolens in my lockup for a number of years, just got it out to put snow blade on it. Can anyone tell me what model it is. After some research I came up with G14 but do not know model number. It has split in front and is 60inches long and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
In Remembrance, RIP Dale
1,781 Posts
Welcome to GTtalk. Sorry don't know about Bolens, But that sure is good looking one you have.

·
Tractorholic
1,555 Posts
:welcometogttalk:

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Thats a good looking Bolens you have there. If you posted a few more pictures it might help with the ID.

·
DR. Bolens
19,060 Posts
I'm about 99% sure its an 853

The tractor has the High/Low range belt switch lever and it has no locking differential
The only models that had that Hi/ low system were the 800,850,853,900 and the 853 was the only one without the locking differential

·
Recovering Tractorholic
141 Posts
Bolens 1000 said:
I'm about 99% sure its an 853

The tractor has the High/Low range belt switch lever and it has no locking differential
The only models that had that Hi/ low system were the 800,850,853,900 and the 853 was the only one without the locking differential
I believe that is what is referred to as "Encyclopedic Knowledge"

:worshippy1:

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
Welcome to the forum,glad to have you with us.

·
Old, but not dead -- yet!
3,232 Posts
Bolens 1000 said:
I Havent been up close to one of those brown seats in a while so I cant honestly remember if those were leather. I believe they were vinyl like the red seats were.
Yes, they were vinyl over a foam pad.

·
Deceased
1,441 Posts
i also think its a 853. the only thing is they had a starter/generator. the bolens in that pic does not. maybe it has a replacement engine?

·
Old, but not dead -- yet!
3,232 Posts
1967bolens collector said:
i also think its a 853. the only thing is they had a starter/generator. the bolens in that pic does not. maybe it has a replacement engine?
As best I can tell from that pic, it has a Tecumseh engine, not the original B&S 8hp.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts