Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this for sale but some things just don't look right to me, so I need some help from the experts! I know the seat is wrong, but the electric start and the dash doesn't look like anything I've seen. Can anyone tell me what year it is and what's correct and what's not or what's missing. The guy is asking 600 and I would really like a ride a matic, but not a butchered one.

thanks, for any information you can provide.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,182 Posts
I would not look a second time for $600. Way to much hacked up on it.

Reactions: hddlh

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
looking for one too..

looks like a 59. looking quickly at the pics I see the wrong seat, missing belt guards, a stupid stack, a bad repaint.

good tire are a plus, looks solid a little time and effort would make a nice tractor if you get for the right price

·
Premium Member
3,674 Posts
Its a 57 OR 58 from what I can tell not sure about the dash or foot boards the left hand side has a different pulley setup all the guards are missing and extremely hard to find I would not bother there are much nicer ones out there that are worth 600 just not that one.

·
Tractorholic
890 Posts
If your looking for an all original ride a matic, that tractor is not it. There is a lot of weird stuff going on there. I can see the belt guard are missing. So from a collectors stand point the tractor isn't worth very much. Maybe $250 just to use it and work it.

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts
That is one mess of a 1957 ride a matic you need to pass on that one.

·
Tractorholic
8,348 Posts
This is what's so great about this site . So much knowledge and site members who respond so quickly . Its really helps when someone has questions like these

·
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone for the advise, I was thinking along the same lines but needed someone with the knowledge to confirm.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts