Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Tractorholic
427 Posts
So the wife and I have been talking about saving some money(which she is doing), selling the house and getting a smaller one with more land. I think it's a great idea, I really do. The problem is that whenever I try not to spend money, good deals come out of everywhere and make me buy them. Really, it's not my fault. Example: I'm leaving the house yesterday around 11:00am with a gt and some attachments on the trailer. The wife say's "where ya going"?. I reply "to sell some stuff"(always music to her ears) and she looked at me like I was her hero or something, almost made me want to postpone the trip for a bit, if ya know what I mean.
Then I come home many hours later with a 600+lb cultipacker/seeder on the trailer. I told her "it was a great deal and sometimes you have to spend money to make money", but I wasn't gonna buy anything else for a while. Then on the way home tonight she was talking about something? while I was doing the uncontrollable subconscious tractor search. Then, behind some whatever,( I only see tractors) I spotted the front end of a massey gt. When we got home, I finished ignoring whatever the wife was saying, jumped in the truck, with the loaded trailer still behind it and took off. I came back a bit later with another mf14 sitting next to the seeder on the trailer! When the wife saw it she said "is that something your gonna make money on"? I said nope, I'm keeping it, it makes me happy. She gave me a smile, shook her head and said "dinners ready". She's awesome, but let's get back to the tractor. It's been outside awhile, a little hacked in places, didn't run, bad gas, carb & fuel pump plugged, no spark and the wiring is a mess. I didn't care and happily offered him $200 which he excepted. The reason I couldn't help myself is that it has a complete 3pt. hitch on it! I've been looking for one for a while now and had all but given up. Great deal on the hitch and a free tractor is the way I see it. I spent about an hour with it after dinner and drove it off the trailer and over to the neighbors house. I have a ritual, whenever I bring home another tractor I drive it straight to my neighbors to torment him with it. He loves gt's but can't keep anything running more than a day after I fix it for him. The tractor needs a lot of TLC but ran great for bad gas and dirty carb. No knocks or engine noise and a buttery smooth hydro. Great day!

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tire Wheel Vehicle Lawn mower Automotive tire Tire Wheel Tractor Automotive tire Vehicle Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Tractor

Attachments

·
Tractorholic
4,070 Posts
LOL at your story! Great Score on that MF14! Dang 3 point even! You should have left it on the trailer so I could just back up to it and drive off
JK. Congrats That really looks like a great find

·
Super Moderator
54,358 Posts
That was a great deal! Nice 3-point hitch! Now, do something for the wife!

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
Nice catch, on the tractor and the wife! I think you should take Kenny's advice and bring home a present for your wife or take a day off from tractor hunting to do something together. The 3pt is a big bonus IMO. It really makes the tractor much more useful.

·
Proud to be Deplorable
29,904 Posts
Wow, nice seeder, really nice tractor, and a keeper for a wife.

Congrats Dan, it looks pretty complete and even better with the 3 point and a running engine.

I'm gonna study those pics more when I get home from work. BTW, what was supper? LOL

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,409 Posts
Superb buy on that Massey. Heck the 3pt is worth more than you paid all by itself! But enough about the tractor....I want a thread all about that seeder! Never seen one like it.

·
PK Fanatic
5,251 Posts
Thanks for the story, LOL! That 3pt looks pretty hefty! That was a great Deal!

·
Connoisseur of Rusty Junk
5,623 Posts
That's a great score Dan! Congrats on the new to you MF14! The cultipacker looks useful too. I hope that it gets you lots of work! It sounds like you're gonna need some extra cash to support that addiction LOL. Your wife sounds a bit like mine. Mine supports my hobby because she knows that it makes me happy. God bless the good ones!

·
Live long and prosper
6,791 Posts
Dan, great story, I like the way you tell it. Very nice cullipacker and Massey. That is a great score on the three point hitch.

Sounds like your wife is a great one.

·
Tractorholic
2,075 Posts
Thanks for a wonderful story on your latest find and the great pics. That three point is a fantastic addition to your haul. I also seem to have the same problem at times about not spending money. When we have some unusual expenses, usually health related, there seem to be some very good buys on tractors or implements. Your wife is also a keeper just like mine. Gotta keep the good ones.

·
Tractorholic
470 Posts
Nice score on the mower and the wife. Gotta ask how many mf14 do you own?

·
Tractorholic
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nice score on the mower and the wife. Gotta ask how many mf14 do you own?
MH81 has the right answer! I only have one other mf14. I also have a amf1014, which is a mf14 with a different hood and grill on it. I also have 4 mf12g's a mf10 and two mf12h's. Just a few more and I'll be in good shape.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts