Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Super Moderator
55,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help here folks! On my M18, it was not charging even though the ohm meter said the stator was good. I pulled the engine back out of Alice and took the flywheel off. Found all the magnets stuck to the stator. Anybody have a clue on how to reattach them?

Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle brake Locking hubs Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Eye Automotive tire Wood

Attachments

Reactions: limebuzz

·
Super Moderator
55,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just watch a you tube video and he used JB Weld. Seems pretty easy, just got to clean it all! I know what I'm doing today!

Reactions: chris m

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
I had to do same thing on mine Kenny, just made sure they were in same orientation and JB welded them suckers.

Gear Bicycle part Wood Rim Automotive wheel system

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
55,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My son suggested some E-6000. Said they use that to glue sub-woofers back together!

·
Super Moderator
55,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I went to Ace and they did not have the E-6000 in stock, order only. So I grabbed some JB Kwik weld. It's curing now.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Wood Stairs

I identified the magnets into the correct polarity, as these need to be one then the other around the flywheel.

Hand tool Automotive tire Wood Metalworking hand tool Bumper

Here's the stator. A little dusty, but looks fine. Tests the same as the other 2 I have, so will stay with it.

Automotive tire Vehicle brake Motor vehicle Rim Automotive wheel system

In the video I found, he used clothes pin ends for spacers. I found my stash of them and chopped the ends off. They worked perfect!

Automotive tire Wood Saw Saw blade Machine tool

All glued up and curing!

Crankset Wheel Automotive tire Gear Bicycle part

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
55,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I left the clamps on for 2 hours, cure time is 4 hours. i went ahead and put the engine back together and we set it in. I have it all hooked up and ready to fire in the morning. That should be plenty of time! Back to the other thread.

·
Super Moderator
55,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Super Moderator
55,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That was a fast fix!
That makes me very happy! I'm sure the stator is okay, I did not see any marks on it any where. We'll see in the morning.

·
Super Moderator
55,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wally World has it in the sewing dept.

Would that be the video of the guy with the scary teeth??

Keep us posted

I have the same problem loose magnets
I think these will hold just fine. Just be sure to clean well before. And make sure you have the magnets in the right order. It really is an easy fix!

Reactions: MH81

·
Getting Out!
8,215 Posts
I put ONE little magnet back in my Vanguard recently. Lots of them, only one loose. They set down in a little well to keep in place. A little hard to clean that out then, but we got it. Running and charging now. I put flywheel on next day. JB Weld and a pinch clamp.

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
Looks good Kenny! Have used JB Weld also to reattach magnets on an HM80 flywheel. You just have to make sure you get them in tight against the flywheel. Sometimes the clearance in there is pretty close and if they stick out too far it won't be pretty.

·
Super Moderator
55,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Fired it off this morning and I'm getting 14.2 Volts at full throttle! :dancingbanana: :rocker2:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.