Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a Snapper 1855 with an Onan engine (B48M-GA 018/3421A). The carb float and probably much of the carb (DD 14 or DD4 - can't tell) needs to be replaced (ethanol damage to float). I had a local Massey tech look things over, he tried to get parts, and it looks like he's not able to get them through Massey/Snapper. Does anyone know where I should start looking for a new float/valve/seat or whole new carburetor? It's a great, hard-working tractor but it won't currently run and I'd like to save it from the scrap yard. Thanks for any help that anyone can offer -- I'm desperate to save this fine, old iron!
- Arnold Ziffel

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
You can try onanparts dot com.

They have a good bit of the Onan stuff.

·
Tractorholic
178 Posts

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,409 Posts

·
Tractorholic
178 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
I just read the thread from the what's new, then clicked what's new and this thread was still at the top. So I clicked what's new again and it was still there so I clicked on it again and there were three more replies. You guys don't mess around LOL.

Sounds like you have plenty of good advice for your parts.

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
I don't know if he has it, but Bob (bhts) is a great guy to deal with. (also a site supporter. Link on the GTT home page)
Sure worth the phone call.

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,409 Posts
I didn't think Bob would carry them, but I should have thought to ask.

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow! You guys are incredible: I expected a few replies over a few days. What I got were a whole bunch of replies within a few minutes! I just put an order in with Gary's Place. I'm just getting the float for now, as mine had bubbled, become soaked and was hanging up on the side of the bowl. Either I'd get no fuel, or fuel would keep gushing into the bowl. Those new metal floats look like they'll do the trick. Thanks again to everyone -- my 1855 has been spared from the scrap yard!

·
Connoisseur of Rusty Junk
5,623 Posts
:wave: ARNOLD ZIFFEL Welcome to GTTalk! It's great that you're getting the help that you need! I just wanted to say hello and suggest that you stop over to the Member Introductions forum and tell us a little about yourself and your tractor(s)! We'd also love to see some pictures when you get the chance!

·
Registered
676 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I bought a new carburetor high speed needle for my Onan b48 on my 1855 and the o ring broke when I put it in. I suspect it was just cheap junk. The seller basically told me I'm out of luck. Do you guys know where I might be able to get a cheap Viton (fuel resistant) O-ring this small?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts