Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Merry christmas every one I got a mig welder for christmas and I was thinking about what I could do with it. I need all the dimensions and sizes for a snow plow that would fit a 1053 pictures of the mounting hardware would help too thanks.

·
Old, but not dead -- yet!
3,237 Posts
Merry Christmas to you, too!

Congrats on your new MIG welder! .....Santa didn't leave one under my tree.

Bolens #18532 42" snowplow/grader blades for all tube-frame models are quite common, and usually sell cheap. .....You can get the correct item, faster, easier, and cheaper than trying to make one.

Save your welder for repairs or for fabbing something which you can not readily buy.

The above comments are just my opinion. .....Do what makes you happy!

·
Super Moderator
54,017 Posts
Congrats on the welder. Hope you have fun building things with it.

·
Live long and prosper
6,784 Posts
Congrats on the new welder. Hope you get your plow info soon. Have fun with it.

·
DR. Bolens
19,063 Posts
Bruce Dorsi said:
Merry Christmas to you, too!

Congrats on your new MIG welder! .....Santa didn't leave one under my tree.

Bolens #18532 42" snowplow/grader blades for all tube-frame models are quite common, and usually sell cheap. .....You can get the correct item, faster, easier, and cheaper than trying to make one.

Save your welder for repairs or for fabbing something which you can not readily buy.

The above comments are just my opinion. .....Do what makes you happy!
:ditto:

The Tubeframe plows are easy to find and normally are quite inexpensive.
I would try looking for a original plow

·
Deceased
1,441 Posts
at the auction i went to in pa they were selling for 10 bucks a piece. you wil spend more then that on wire and gas for the welder. i have a extra tube frame blade here if your anywhere near new jersey

1 - 7 of 7 Posts