Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The hydraulics on my snapper 1855 are noisy and will hardly lift my snow blower Can anyone tell me what I need to do to resolve this problem? They worked fine last winter. HELP PLEASE!!!!!

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,407 Posts
First thing...have you checked your oil level in the rear end?

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,407 Posts
It could be one or more of a number of things:

Air getting into a suction fitting

pressure regulator valve problem

worn charge pump

I'm pretty sure all Snappers use the Eaton pump, and I've never been inside an Eaton, so I'm no help inside it.

·
Tractorholic
507 Posts
Check for air leaking into the suction line between the rear end and the hydro. Also at the filter, if it has one.

My understanding is that not all the Eaton hydros got filters in the Snappers, but the ones that did usually have rubber lines, not the steel that came with the Sundstrands. The rubber hoses sometimes get soft and fail at the gear clamp. They do not necessarily leak fluid out, but they can leak air in due to the negative pressure in the suction line.

If that is the problem, replace with suction rated hydraulic hose. It won't collapse and starve the pump due to the negative pressure.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I tightened up the belts a little and the noise cut down but the hydraulics are still weaker than last year Think im going to load it up on the trailer and run it down to the Massey dealer and let them figure it out Afraid I will mess something up I have never dealt with hydraulics and better safe than sorry

1 - 7 of 7 Posts