Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to see if anyone can tell me anything about this mf10. I know the early models had aluminum nose and dash before switching to plastic, but this has cast iron. Also i have never seen one with this type of hood. Can not fine any kind of model or serial number on it, just some numbers cased in the steering arm. dxc 102020 then below that is g.1.120. I also think the motor is not original. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
17 Posts
thats an odd number for the steering piece isnt it? most massey parts # have like an m1 or m2 etc at the end even amf used massey parts/ number. it has the old style mower deck/ mounts.... quite an odd piece there but doesnt look to be in bad shape. i went out and looked it doesnt resemble the amf grill at all either... :tapping_fingers:

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
Not quite sure what to make of that. So much of it is standard MF10 or 12G, and so

much isn't. Sure would be nice to see a whole lot more detailed pictures. Whatever it is

that you've found there, it sure is neat. There's no way, that someone would go to the effort

of casting a nose cone just to build a one off. Is the dash cast too?

And the sides of the grill, is that cast too?

·
4,482 Posts
The hood. nose piece. and dash look like AMF. AMF called them 1010s.

AMF also had a cast metal grill.

·
Tractorholic
1,183 Posts
The hood. nose piece. and dash look like AMF. AMF called them 1010s.

AMF also had a cast metal grill.
Thats what i was thinking.The AMF were very similar but had noticable differences.I've personally never seen any of them.I'm wondering if this was a leftover that they repainted to sell as a massy.Kind of like the patio John dears that were painted green.That is a neat Tractor

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dash and sides of the grill are cast. Center of the grill is removable. Will get some more detailed pictures this week.

Not quite sure what to make of that. So much of it is standard MF10 or 12G, and so
much isn't. Sure would be nice to see a whole lot more detailed pictures. Whatever it is
that you've found there, it sure is neat. There's no way, that someone would go to the effort
of casting a nose cone just to build a one off. Is the dash cast too?
And the sides of the grill, is that cast too?

·
Tractorholic
1,183 Posts
Looking to see if anyone can tell me anything about this mf10. I know the early models had aluminum nose and dash before switching to plastic, but this has cast iron. Also i have never seen one with this type of hood. Can not fine any kind of model or serial number on it, just some numbers cased in the steering arm. dxc 102020 then below that is g.1.120. I also think the motor is not original. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Man where in the world did you find this thing.

·
Junk Whisperer
1,443 Posts
The AMF 1414 was cast front with removable center....but looked like a AMF1010 or a 1014 like my avatar. This unit has a raised hood line cast into nose cone. Also from where foot treads meet rear fenders is different. Dash center piece does not have the curved radius. Two part hood from what I can see...There was a 14 HP dynamark same as a AMF 1014(different colors) AMF 1414 is complete different animal. someone with a little more time can search my content and see photos of one of mine. I have never seen one like this.....I am thinking Prototype or Europe. Shawn

1 - 20 of 42 Posts