Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1967 Craftsman 856C & 857C
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
but not for me this time. If you remember I made a posting 2 years ago in 2021 about buying a Simplicity 728 for my stepdad, for an early birthday present which I did not end up buying. This thread here...... Is This A Good Price? Simplicity 728. Hehe, well...... here we go again with another is this a good price post. This is another 728 finally in my state of Connecticut that would be roughly 30 to 40 minutes from my house to go get that is part of a collection, and the owner wants a minimum of $200.00 for each tractor. I again want to get my stepdad one of these Simplicity's for his birthday because he always wanted one and he is gonna be 60 this year and I want this birthday to be a special one for him, and maybe have a party for him but I'm not sure about that yet. It looks to be in pretty good shape and all there EXCEPT for that what looks to be rot in the front of the hood, but I think all its gonna need is a good wash and wax. That said I was thinking of offering MAYBE $150.00 for it, what say everyone else? Any advice and opinions would be appreciated. Thanks all

Here is the ad for the tractor, and one picture.......

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

· Registered
170 Posts
At 200 I would jump at it. I have a friend that told me that if you ever see a simplicity for sale, dont pass it up. He is always buying simplicity's here in northern Illinois. I see that the 728 sells for 250 but that one was in peices. One that is assembled and running sold for 500 in my area. I have also seen them sell for 1000 on the top end.

· Registered
1967 Craftsman 856C & 857C
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
To tell you the truth, if the seller wants to sell all for 200 each, there is probably a bit of money to be made there. If you buy more macines, youcould sell the others and possibly cover the cost of the one you want to keep. That would make it basically that your machine is free.
I suppose that WOULD be an option but like I mentioned before I don't really got no more room for anymore tractors at the moment, and if I bought more tractors from him I would want to keep those too. If I were to get more tractors from the seller I was thinking of maybe getting 2 tractors from the seller, the little 728 and maybe either the little JD 100 OR the Cub 122 with the stack. I honestly think plans changed for me now on the whole deal though because check out the ad in my link, he went up on his price from a minimum of $200.00 to now $400.000 per tractor :cry::mad:. He went from reasonable prices for the tractors, to not gonna happen prices...... at for me. In my opinion he ain't no way gettin' $400.00 each for one a them tractors

· Registered
3,193 Posts
I suppose that WOULD be an option but like I mentioned before I don't really got no more room for anymore tractors at the moment, and if I bought more tractors from him I would want to keep those too. If I were to get more tractors from the seller I was thinking of maybe getting 2 tractors from the seller, the little 728 and maybe either the little JD 100 OR the Cub 122 with the stack. I honestly think plans changed for me now on the whole deal though because check out the ad in my link, he went up on his price from a minimum of $200.00 to now $400.000 per tractor :cry::mad:. He went from reasonable prices for the tractors, to not gonna happen prices...... at for me. In my opinion he ain't no way gettin' $400.00 each for one a them tractors
Apparently he's not a hurry to sell them.
There's always a difference between wanting to move something and wanting to keep it..

Honestly thought $200 was a fair price...not seeing them at much more..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts