Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going through all through the bolens models made there the other night and looking for anyone that's owned one and has detailed pics of one espeacially under the hood where they sported a k-341 kohler under the hood I think i'm going to try to find one of these if I can really like them

·
Getting Out!
8,205 Posts
I have QT16, but Onan. How much diff are they really? I need to put in a gov on my engine I guess, otherwise works and drives. I see these around at shows or swaps at times.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just like the idea of the k341 kohler engine seems like anything is available for it without to much expense that and low end grunt

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just fixed up a qt16 for snowblowing this winter . I repowered it with a used kohler commander 18hp v twin . this tractor runs great . I have had bolens H 14's for years , thought I would go alittle bigger . snowblowers and tillers are hard to find for them, but I found one of each , I can't wait to see how it handles the snow . I had a little trouble finding the push arm for the blower , then trying to find the arms that pick up the pusharm . I ended making my own setup, by mounting a pulley on each side and using a 3/16 cable to pick up the pusharm . great setup .

·
Registered
22 Posts
well , it was a used engine . I had to buy a stub shaft for it , and a new electric clutch . the engine sits around an inch higher than the onan did . the height didn't hurt anything, other than needing a different set of pto belts . the engine sits right in, you need to line it up and drill new mounting holes .the stub shaft I had needed to be machined to fit .The original clutch was pretty beat up . I just got my new clutch today , it's a warner 5218-26 . the pulley is 4 3/4 OD . The original pulley was 4" OD . that's as close I could come to the original size . I still need to get new belts , but I need to put the clutch on and figure out what size I need . All in all I ended up with a pretty nice tractor . the kohler engine is pretty quite .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts