Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I got this tractor the PO had mounted a light duty 12 V winch on the back frame plate to lift and lower the sleeve hitch. This set up worked OK but was to fast to my liking. I run the cable through a pulley on the hitch and back up to the top of the back frame plate. This worked much better but also increased my power by 2. After breaking 2 cast aluminum pulleys by lifting it to the top and then some.I knew I had to do something different. Went to a steel pulley with 450 lb. weight capacity. Thin morning I installed a horn on the fender pan and a momentary push button switch at the bottom of the back plate on a spring steel strip of metal. With this set up the horn sounds before I over lift the hitch with a little lea way. A quick bump of the down button lowers it enough for the horn to stop. Now I can watch where I am going and not at the implement behind me when coming to the end of the rows near obstructions.

SAM_0291.JPG SAM_0290.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
9,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Horn sounds like crap but at least it is noise.

·
Tractorholic
988 Posts
At your age a startling horn blast from behind could be fatal. :poke:

:smilewink:
Kind of like the first time one of my hearing aids said "Low Battery" I was alone in my car, and it startled me so much I almost swerved off the road.

·
Registered
9,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Kind of like the first time one of my hearing aids said "Low Battery" I was alone in my car, and it startled me so much I almost swerved off the road.
Mine give 2 Beeps, but still had to get used to them. The horn is Chinese made and bolted directly to the fender pan. If I don;t hear the horn I will feel the vibration. :firejumper:

Thanks Kris, you just keep on working so I keep getting my check every month. :rolling:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts