Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother and I fabricated this chain cover today for my Massey Ferguson 4850 tiller out of some old iron So what do ya think besides i need to prime paint and drill out the mounting holes I decided to put a new cover on the tiller for safety reasons

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
54,600 Posts
That looks great. Should work very good!

Reactions: adolphsson09

·
Tractor Whisperer
1,473 Posts
wow, you have some skills my friend.....great job. That's gonna look great!!

·
Premium Member
1,616 Posts
Nice job its way better then then original one,don't know why they would have made a chain cover out of plastic.You did a very nice job on fabricating one out of metal.I know just how much work you spent on it,because I had made one for mine as well.Larry

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys it was fairly easy to do I took some metal that my neighbor had cut it down to 3 1/4" strip about 46 inches long then i used the frame that curves on the end to bend it with my bare hands Then we used the clothesline pole to finish the bending part (which now needs some paint haha) and kept setting it on there til we had it just right Then clamped the two open ends together and welded them Then i took some more metal and layed the frame on it and outlined the cover and i used a cut-off wheel to cut cover Then my brother clamped it on tacked welded it took the clamps off and welded it Then i brought it back home and used a Dewalt sanding disc 80 grit i believe on my grinder and sanded it down Now today after church i will go and pick up some primer drill out the mounting holes prime it then paint it with some original Massey paint ive had for awhile Safety first!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.