Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like coming up with long names... Anyway, I had these two old rusty wheel guards off a two axle trailer, rebar, two old wheel barrow wheels, two smaller wheels from ...I don't know... And an old tractor frame. Oh, and a lot of time, a small welder and some creativity. First I started out just slapping it together with no real mental reference but after I got the hood on I started to see a Model T truck. So I looked them up online got one in mind for reference and went from there. I think it turned out pretty darn neat. My motivation for this was that I wanted some sort of cool yard ornament, but I didn't want to just set a working tractor or what ever the case was out in the yard to rot. I'm not judging those who do, but I just can't bring myself to do it. ...so this was what I ended up with.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
54,617 Posts
That's cool!! Now you can make a working clone of that one!

Reactions: larryd and Gfann

·
Tractorholic
4,070 Posts
That is so.... cool!! Great job! It is always nice to create something with things you have laying around. I think you just gave me a great idea of something I can build for my Dads' place. He would love it! Thanks for the idea! :D :thumbs: :dancingbanana:

·
Only member from Western South Dakota!
1,771 Posts
That is a cool piece of folk art! A while back when the wife complained about more junk I hauled home from our scrap trailer at work, I told her that I would build some kind of yard art sulpture out of it, and she actually said that if I would do something like that she would have no problem with me bringing home more if I actually would use it for that purpose! Well you have inspired me to actually build something from some of it, so I can buy more time to keep bringing it home!-LOL.

Nice work!---DAC

Reactions: larryd and Gfann

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Also Kenny is right. That would look awesome sitting on a GT frame! Well... now I know what I'll be dreaming about tonight. :D
That's funny. It is actually setting on a Bready tractor frame. But now that you bring it up. I have a complete craftsman frame that would work great for a working version. Hmmm...

·
Super Moderator
54,617 Posts
A drive shaft driven hydro frame would be good. Just make a longer shaft with a bearing in the middle. Put some skinnys on the front and wide meats on the back.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts