Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
6,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got some top soil to freshen up the gardens. Used the loader to do the work. Beats doing it all by shovel. Wish I could get a hydraulic loader some day. Any way, all done and had seat time.
Had to use shovel at the last to get the bottom. The angle I was on would not let the trip bucket down to scrape the bottom of the trailer.

Noel

Attachments

·
6,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fairly strong spring toppop52. Can't pull it apart by hand. It's a helper spring for lifting the loader.

Noel

Reactions: toppop52 and KennyP

·
Super Moderator
54,150 Posts
Nice job! Beats shoveling it all!

Reactions: propane1

·
Only member from Western South Dakota!
1,771 Posts
Nice Job Noel! Was the bucket re-purposed from some other piece of equipment? You have had me thinking about a "poor-man's FEL" for quite some time. I have a GT Craftsman snow thrower that I keep thinking could be gutted and modified into a bucket.

DAC

Reactions: propane1

·
6,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
DAC, I had the bucket made at a metal shop, I made a cardboard model of the bucket for them to go by. All the rest of the loader is made by me. I have seen lots of ideas on you tube on how to make a loader after I made mine. There are better ideas than mine for lifting more weight. I trued to make mine look like a MF 135 farm tractor pipe loader.

Noel

Reactions: MFDAC and limebuzz

·
Only member from Western South Dakota!
1,771 Posts
Thanks Noel, I'm not after real massive weight capability, pretty much the kind of loads you use yours for. I'm still thinking for my 8E though, not the 12G. The Executive has a hydraulic ram underneath that I'm thinking for the lift and I have a small winch similar to yours I'm thinking for bucket tilt. All the thinking in the world don't get it done though!

I always enjoy your workhorse posts with pics!

DAC

1 - 9 of 9 Posts