Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Tractorholic
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just traded a pistol for a Honda GX610 with only 75 hours on it. Also got a 1800 watt belt-driven generator...

I'm planning to put this into one of my tractors, but I need to build a stub shaft to go from the 3 hole bolt circle on the flywheel to a clutch, U-joint, etc.

Has anyone ever made one of these, or know the dimensions? The stub shaft can be purchased, but they're about $250...

Regards,

Smitty

·
Super Moderator
55,283 Posts
Maybe something in here has the dimensions you seek!

Reactions: Utah Smitty

·
595 Posts
Smitty, I put a Honda gx610 in my sears SS/16 about two years ago. I have a PDF service manual that's in four different languages that I can email you if you think it would be of any help.

Don

·
Tractorholic
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Smitty, I put a Honda gx610 in my sears SS/16 about two years ago. I have a PDF service manual that's in four different languages that I can email you if you think it would be of any help.

Don
Thanks Don, I'd appreciate it. Send me a PM and I'll give you me email address.

Smitty

·
Tractorholic
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe something in here has the dimensions you seek!
Thanks, Kenny. There's a lot of good dimensional info for the engine and PTO side, and also some links to adapters to go between the Honda and Kohlers, Onans, etc. They're still about $110 delivered, so I'm going to work on it some more.

I pulled the shroud off the engine tonight and measure the bolt circle... I think I'm pretty close at 2.125" this equals 54 mm so it's a round figure in both cases.

Regards,

Smitty

Reactions: KennyP

·
Tractorholic
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, near as I can tell, the bolt circle is 2.44" or 62mm, FWIW. It appears to use 8mm bolts--which are just a tad larger than 5/16".

Smitty

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.