Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do these come apart I have 4 of these and 2 of them leak and I want to rebuild them but have no idea how they come apart as they appear to be welded

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,616 Posts
easy enough. you have to remove the rear fitting [it's the straight one in your pic] you also have to unscrew the eye from the cylinder end shaft. clean all the old paint off the shaft and everything will push out the end. What holds it together under pressure is when you install the lower pin through the cylinder.You'll understand once you get it apart. it might push out a little hard but it does come out the bottom end.the end cap has a o-ring around it,just make sure there's no burrs etc: on the inside of the cylinder tube where the pin goes through. Once you remove that fitting you free up the end cap.If you have any trouble let me know.

·
1,087 Posts
Yup, you might have to tap the rod on the bench or use a rubber mallet to pop it out. Good luck.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So this is what I found possibly a seal completely gone?? And how to ireplace the seals on the front end and also where can I find these seals are they a standard size??

·
1,087 Posts
I just took mine to a hydraulic shop and they matched up the sizes. I didn't keep the part #s thou. Sorry

·
Tractorholic
1,711 Posts
I just did the rear one on my modded 1650. At first I ordered the kit from parts tree. I ended up not using anything that was in there. What i did was measure the old ones, thickness and ID. I also measured the OD of the groove in which they went to make sure I had the correct ID of the Oring. I then bought mine from the "Oring store.com". I also bought backer rings. For less than $35 I got enough rings and such to do 4 cylinders. The rod seal/rod wiper was the most expensive part at $9 each I bought 2. They are just plan shaft seals. I plan on doing a write up soon with part numbers to. I also have to do my front/mid lift cylinder.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts