Garden Tractor Forums banner

How do you get your hobby off your hands?

3K views 44 replies 35 participants last post by  LilysDad 
#1 ·
I was using some of my go-to's to get some grime off from the afternoon's garage adventures and got to thinking... "Hey, I wonder what the guys do to get the grease off"

I usually use Boraxo (sometimes sub borax-shampoo mix), Gojo, or Lava Soap

Some of it depends on what is on my catcher's mitts, and sometimes it depends whats available.

Anyways, What do you guys use?

Attachments

See less See more
#18 ·
I used dry cleaning solvent while in the Navy but that turned out to be a horrible idea as now my hands are a disaster, definitely clean but after years of medical treatment I can say I wouldn't do that again! Most products aren't what they used to be but what is? My question is what do you all use to stop the cracking hands issue? We use a small hand cream in a green tin called O'Keefes Woking Hands, only thing for the last twenty years that keeps my hands from turning into bloody stumps! Even the dermatologist was impressed and says to keep using it over the prescription meds I used to use.

#26 · (Edited by Moderator)
Dawn dish soap and a small scrub brush.
Me too. Lava and Scrub brush also.

A thought for you folks using Gasoline or solvents. Years ago I read an article in Cycle World that was written by an Internal Surgeon. He said he used to do the same thing (didn't we all?) until he started noting the damage that practice was doing to peoples livers and kidneys. He stated that our skin is not fuel proof and anything that goes on our skin will end up in our organs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.