Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I started working on this project today. Mounts are too wide to fit into the frame. I removed them to mock it up inside the frame. On removal of the mounts,i uncovered a model #. Finally. Been searching for info on what I couldn't find. Cat and Smitty have been trying to help me out on this. So the # is 2TNE66K. So I looked through the manuals I have avalible and still came up empty. So can anyone help me out to figure out what hp this is?

Attachments

·
4,482 Posts
I have a 3TNE72. It was the first engine I use in my 4 wheel drive project and it is about 14 HP. I would guess you are pretty close at 13.5 HP.

Reactions: limebuzz

·
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a 3TNE72. It was the first engine I use in my 4 wheel drive project and it is about 14 HP. I would guess you are pretty close at 13.5 HP.
Thanks Ducky. Will this be enough to power a MF1655 and a 2 stage blower in the winter. And a MF tiller in the summer?

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,409 Posts
My 3TN66 I put in my Massey 1655 is 16hp, so yours "might" be about the same. But then I just read where aa 2TN66L only makes 8+HP, so I really have no idea. Weird how no info is out there. But powering any kind of a reefer, it has to be 14 to 16HP to pull the load. My JD F935 front mower has a 3TNA72UJ and it's 22hp.

·
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My 3TN66 I put in my Massey 1655 is 16hp, so yours "might" be about the same. But then I just read where aa 2TN66L only makes 8+HP, so I really have no idea. Weird how no info is out there. But powering any kind of a reefer, it has to be 14 to 16HP to pull the load. My JD F935 front mower has a 3TNA72UJ and it's 22hp.
Thanks Dan, I know I said it was going to have to do,But I sure hope it's bigger than a 8hp engine.

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,409 Posts
Found something. I copied & pasted below. 10 to 12hp. You can view full ad HERE.

Important Safety Warning:

Avoid fraud by meeting all sellers in-person to pay for items. Kijiji does not offer any transaction or payment services. Read More Safety Tips

• $_35.JPG

• $_14.JPG

• $_14.JPG

• $_14.JPG

Date Listed 09-Mar-15 Price
$520.00
Address 998050 Mulmur Tosorontio Townline, Lisle, ON L0M 1M0

View map
  • Description
  • Financing

Liquid cooled Yanmar 2.49 Diesel engines. Around 10-12 hp. out of thermo king heater units. 5269 hours on the engine, they commonly last up to 10 000 hours. Same overall size as kubota z482. Comes on the mounts which can be easily removed. Delivery is possible. if the add is till up, I still have it.

·
Premium Member
7,364 Posts
I've got two of these engines and I think Duck hit the nail on the head. At the RPM that the governor is set at it is rated at 13 hp. Very nice engines and one of the quickest starting diesels I have run across. Placed one in a Yamaha golf cart and it made a great combination. Uses so little fuel that I forget put fuel in it. Down load the following for useful information.

http://www.autoexpeditor.com/tripac/TriPac_MaintenanceManual.pdf

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.