Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1979 PowerKing 1618
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some have read about my hydraulic hose disaster, but while I'm not ready to fix the loader hose, I do want to make sure my hydraulic fluid is in check.

If I remember correctly, the hydraulics use ATF and that's the same for the dual transmissions. I don't see where to add fluid for just the hydraulics... Is it all run through the transmissions as well? Is there a special procedure for filling to the proper level?

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
Some have read about my hydraulic hose disaster, but while I'm not ready to fix the loader hose, I do want to make sure my hydraulic fluid is in check.

If I remember correctly, the hydraulics use ATF and that's the same for the dual transmissions. I don't see where to add fluid for just the hydraulics... Is it all run through the transmissions as well? Is there a special procedure for filling to the proper level?
What color was the hydraulic fluid that came out red or hydraulic oil colored, if red then replace with ATF if hydraulic color ang universal hydraulic oil can be used, AND NO the transmissions do not use the same oil they are serfviced with 80-90 wt gear oil and the trans only need 8 oz of lube this is about 1" below the side fill plug do not over fill Tractors equipped with loaders all had hydraulic oil no ATF
The hydraulic tank is on the RH side by the seat fill it to 1.5 inches below the filler cap

1 - 2 of 2 Posts