Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I opened a spare parts deck I found the PO had put in all new pulleys and belts, too bad he didn't realize the spindles bearings were frozen, cause after close to 400 bucks the blades still didn't turn. Anyway, I'm trying to remove the center pulley, I've got the bolt out, now how do I pull the pulley off, without damaging it, Thanks

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
Do you have access to any kind of pullers ?

·
Tractorholic
142 Posts
just did mine two weeks ago. if you got all the bolts out get the deck off the ground a foot or two put two boards under pull. put some heat to it and hit shaft with hammer. i just price out needle bearing 18 bucks a peice in canada. the bearing have the oil seal build in them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I was just making sure I hadn't missed something. BTW, how do you line up the blades when you put the belts on? I've never had a pulley or spindle/bearing go bad on two dozen tractors, I must be lucky

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
Big Bill said:
BTW, how do you line up the blades when you put the belts on?
The way I do it is to have the two outside blades parallel to each other ,and the center one cross ways,or each end of the blade pointing to the outer blades.
Do you follow me ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mjodrey said:
The way I do it is to have the two outside blades parallel to each other ,and the center one cross ways,or each end of the blade pointing to the outer blades.
Do you follow me ?
Thank you very much, makes perfect sense

1 - 7 of 7 Posts