Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 1050 that hasn't run in years. I only have a tiller for it though. I really wanted to use the hydro transmission. Looks like the 1050 is the only option.

·
Tractorholic
988 Posts
Actually, the 48" Large Frame decks are pretty manageable plus they cut better than the 54" decks IMHO. I have both and I prefer the smaller deck.

·
Old Iron Junky
1,359 Posts
Welcome to the forum two_bolens! :welcome:

Reactions: MyBolens1053

·
Registered
10,069 Posts
Welcome to GTT. Relax and enjoy the site. Wait and see what opportunity may come your way. If you can ressurect the 1050 and its tiller, you will have a great machine for putting in gardens. It would then be valuable for swapping for what you want. Be aware that tube frame ptos and large frame ptos may turn in opposite directions as I recall. Good Luck, Rick

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts
I have cut with both the 48 and 54 decks on the large frames the 48 does have a better cut but if the 54 is set up right it can do a very good job aswell.

Reactions: Bolens 1000

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all of the input. I really like the HT18. That thing is a tank when it comes to pushing snow, rock, dirt and manure. We have horses. That hydraulic lift is great as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts