Garden Tractor Forums banner

HT20 no hydraulics

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  BOLENS-SIMONUK 
#1 ·
Hello all, new guy over here. I recently bought a HT20 that runs well but has no hydraulic function at all. I was told that it was the pin that goes through the input shaft and drives the charge pump as they had previously had problems with it. I changed out the pin and still have no functions. Any ideas out there before I have to tear into er farther?

Thanks in advance
Rod

#5 ·
The VERY first thing I would check was mentioned above: the T-handle on the left side of the charge pump. The Sundtrand hydrostatic transmission that came on your HT20 had that feature to allow you to free wheel the tractor when it died from some other problem. Without it, you would have to jack up the rear of the tractor to get it to move. Hydro tractors in general do not roll unless some provision is made for an effective "neutral".

#8 ·
I would try drain and replace the hydro oil with the correct quantity. I had same issue once but the dipstick was not the correct one and it was about 3 litres low on oil. Once you know this is correct get a 1/8 bspt fitting to connect a pressure gauge to. You can connect this to the grub screws on the transmission to check charge pressure. The manual wi talk you through this very good manuals unlike modern stuff

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.