Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Bob's Lawn and Garden LLC
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it took about a year and a half but we finally got it home. It came from the grand daughters of the man who passed away a coulpe years ago. So the hope is to do a restore of it sometime but i need two find a key first as it was lost and then add my backhoe and loader two it. Sorry for the pics but i just got home and it is dark now.

Attachments

·
Tractorholic
8,348 Posts
Nice tractor Bob , is this the keeper ?

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts
Nice bob good to see it home.

·
Connoisseur of Rusty Junk
5,623 Posts
Congrats Bob! You finally got it! I'm glad that they let you have it...at least they know it's gone to a good home!

·
Bob's Lawn and Garden LLC
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Had some spare time today :rofl2:So i messed with the tractor. Owners said that the motor was froze and that when they last drove it the rearend went out. I played with the motor and after a few mins the old wisconsin deisel came to life:dancingbanana: Now to the rearend looked it over and noticed that the hi/low lever was in neutral so put in gear and away she went :dancingbanana::dancingbanana: Drove it around for about 15 mins no problems except i can't turn it off key switch bad. So i will get a new switch and then fix the really tight steering.

·
In Remembrance, RIP Dale
1,781 Posts
:yelclap::dancingbanana::dancingbanana::puke2:Man how LUCKY can you get. Proud things looking good.

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
Very nice find Bob, and glad you got it home now. Really sweet that you got her fired up and driving :D

·
Super Moderator
54,000 Posts
That is going to be one sweet tractor when you get everything on it. Glad it runs and drives now. Good luck with it.

·
Tractorholic
988 Posts
Congratulations, Bob. That one looks pretty good as-is. If you do decide to take it apart and restore it, Sams Bolens has the decals for it (modeled on the decals on my HT20D) and they are really nice, though pricey; not too surprising that he doesn't sell a lot of them because there are not a lot of that tractor out there anyway.

As for the key switch, good luck finding the proper switch. It is unique to that tractor because the "OFF" position also turns off the fuel solenoid. NAPA does not have that switch. I got mine to work again by repeatedly spraying electrical contact cleaner into the switch, and working it back and forth a number of times with the key.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts