Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Texas Member
5,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a brain fart with Hulk II today. I needed to move him and all I got was a click, so I started troubleshooting. Battery is a 2010 but showed full charge. The terminals were covered in white corrosion so I cleaned them and replaced with new hardware. Still only a click. I jumped the solenoid and he cranked, so I got out the multi-meter and checked the solenoid wire for juice. Nothing there. Checked the 30A fuse, good, Checked the Clutch safety, good there, followed the white wire to the PTO switch, (not standard, but wired correctly) and found the switch to ne in the "ON" position. OOPS.

All is fine now.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
55,516 Posts
Glad you got that issue figured out! Been there before!

Reactions: larrybl

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
My son has that habit when he mows with the suburban. It has a manual lever to release mule drive, but if you don't push it all the way down, the safety kicks out the starter. Get's him almost every time. :rolling:

·
Texas Member
5,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I had the same issue with Old Girl, If the mule drive is removed, the small return spring on the PTO pedal is not enough to bring it back to contact the safety switch, and you have to push down in the pedal return to get a crank. With the mule installed with it's bigger return spring I haven't had the issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.