Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
4,471 Posts
I did some checking and Fleetguard has MicroGlass filter.
The HF 6446 has the same dimension with a 10 micron rating while maintaining the the 7-9 GPM flow rate.
John Deere uses it on there 2243 Greens mower
The HF 6096 is a 21 micron rating @ 7-9 GPM.
The HF 6446 crosses to Wix # 57102 and the Baldiwin # is BT 8301.
10 micro will do a much better job IMHO.

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
I believe on that model,it's right on the bottom front of the rear end,directly inline with the front of the seat.

·
Tractorholic
427 Posts
I got the filter for my 12h at a New Holland dealer. The part# is JAC 545440. It was pricey but it's not something you need to replace often. Definitely worth it for your tractor, I think you'll see a night and day difference. I did find the filter online also: New Holland JAC545440 FILTER, ELEMENT

·
Registered
10 Posts
Broken,
Thanks for the input. I need a new filter for my hydrastatic tranny. I called the New Holland dealer and they are ordering the filter. The clincher was when he said it translated to a Sundstrand T9700111 and that just happened to be the number on the existing filter. I have looked for that filter on line with no sucess until I stumbled over this site.

How often does it need to be replaced?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I picked up the filter yesterday. The New Holland dealer said that NH liscensed Jacobson, Massey, and possibly Wheelehorse to use that hydrostatic tranny. There should be some of those brands that use this same filter so it will continue to be made.

·
Super Moderator
54,000 Posts
You must be talking about a screw on filter. The inlines are $90.

·
Tractorholic
1,564 Posts
The MF14 Owner's Manual says to change the hydro filter every 100 hours or annually.

·
171 Posts
For the benefit of the group on my 1655/1855 with a Sundstrand hydro I am buying my filters at CarQuest # 85410 which are made by Wix.

They average $12.50 each.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I got the filter for my 12h at a New Holland dealer. The part# is JAC 545440. It was pricey but it's not something you need to replace often. Definitely worth it for your tractor, I think you'll see a night and day difference. I did find the filter online also: New Holland JAC545440 FILTER, ELEMENT
broken2,

Resurrecting a year plus old thread, but I'm trying to find a cross-reference for the hydro filter on my 1968 Sears hydro-trac. The original PN (NLA) is 9341H. Can't seem to find a cross ref for that number in Google.

Can you provide the year for this particular 12H? I've heard that they used the same hydro filters for some years and I'm thinking this might work.

Thanks,

mm

·
4,471 Posts
Yes the Eaton and the Sundstrand use the same filter.

The wix 51410 is a 21 micron rating. I beleive it is better to use a 10 micron to remove smaller particles.

Here is some info on filter crosses I post before.

"I did some checking and Fleetguard has MicroGlass filter.
The HF 6446 has the same dimension with a 10 micron rating while maintaining the the 7-9 GPM flow rate.
John Deere uses it on there 2243 Greens mower
The HF 6096 is a 21 micron rating @ 7-9 GPM.
The HF 6446 crosses to Wix # 57102 and the Baldiwin # is BT 8301. These are 10 micron
10 micro will do a much better job IMHO."

1 - 20 of 27 Posts