Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I said I work on them. I never said I fix them&#3
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cleaning out some stuff we had stored at my dads and came across this welcome sign I did in 1988. When I was young, I did calligraphy to support my first car. I came across this lettering and it quickly became my favorite. This sign was hand lettered on parchment (about 10 hours into the lettering), them burnt around the edges and mounted on an old piece of roofing slate. Poured a protective coating over it (can't recall what it was right now) and put the leather strap on to hang it. After all these years it was really good to see it again. I could never recall where it went. Now I have to figure out where to hang it. Shame you can't make money at this anymore. I retired from doing this years ago. It was even hard to get people to pay for this stuff back then.

Brown Font Wood Tints and shades Rectangle

Attachments

·
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did calligraphy for a while, but it was Ye Olde stuff, not that.
Really cool.
Oh yeah, did a lot of that stuff. I really enjoyed the time I did this. Anymore, I don't have the time, patience and I'm just not steady enough. Besides, when I do get some time to myself, I prefer to be on the tractor!

·
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Really cool. As for place to hang it... How about in the first room of the house? Or around your neck as a necklace?
Casey, I do appreciate that you told me where to hang it as opposed to where to put it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.