Garden Tractor Forums banner

I bought another Massey 1655, except this one.....

5K views 64 replies 22 participants last post by  brandsa2001 
#1 ·
Is a real Massey and not a Snapper in disguise. Nothing wrong with the Snappers except when they are wearing the wrong badge. It is in really good shape, has ag tires, the original set of turf tires, mower deck that is in great shape. No 3pt or rear pto though. Gave the guy $1,500 for it. Will post pics a little later once I get em off the camera :D

#6 ·
olcowhand said:
Does it run/drive? With a high price, is there anything on it that goes high? :D
Why yes, there is something that goes high, if you take the gas cap off and stick your nose in there long enough you get that high feeling LOL

#8 ·
olcowhand said:
I still have a loaded question or 2 for you on this purchase! :D
Can anyone figure what I'm talking about?
Oh ya, I forgot the ag tires on it are loaded, glad you mentioned it. I can't believe I almost forgot that detail :D

#11 ·
The thread was fun while it lasted. Wasn't expecting Daniel to give all the hints LOL. Dan was the only one that knew about it since this morning. I gotta confirm the year but it is a 1983 Massey Ferguson 1655, has the rear ag tires and a really nice mower deck and the most important part is it has a Johnson loader on it.

The Onan on it needs some fine tuning as it surges some at idle. The loader works great and the hydraulics are surprisingly fast. I wish it had a 3pt and rear pto but it is alright. I am going to take the 3pt off the other 1655 and put on this one. I also am going to take care of getting the rear pto from Daniel for it. I will post some better pics and questions tomorrow when I have better daylight and my good camera. The pics in the daylight are the ones the guy sent me on my phone through text and the ones taken at night are from me with my phone at a parking lot in the light so it could be seen.

Attachments

#17 ·
Looks like a worker. Glad you got it.
KennyP

#18 ·
Wow,good looking tractor George,congrats.
I wonder why those rear tires look so small because I see they are 26x1200x12 ?Must be an optical "contusion.":laughingteeth::laughingteeth:

#23 ·
Thanks for the comments guys. Now that I have a front end loader I don't ever plan on letting the loader go. I had a front end loader and backhoe on my John Deere 3020 a couple years ago and I miss it everyday. We have a lot of projects around the house that the front end loader will come in handy for. Will also come in handy for the firewood. I am also to the point with the Masseys that I should get the last 6 of them that I need to complete the series. It will still take a few years to get all of them but I might do it.

Reactions: limebuzz
#25 ·
George, I keep forgetting you used to have a loader. Don't see how you lived without one since knowing how useful they are.
Maynard, the Tru-Powers are actually about an inch shorter in stance than the Super Lugs.

#26 ·
Goerge, you have one fine piece of iron there.
That Johnson loader real sets it off.
Let me know if you are going to sell any of the extra wheels.
ENJOY!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.