Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Tractorholic
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this today, a 1968? MF-10 serial number 1446-014284 for $50.00 . I know it doesn't have rear wheels but I plan on changing them to bigger ones anyway. The motor is shot and missing pieces but I have a brand new NOS motor for it so that is not a problem. Everything else looks to be there. I couldn't just let it rust and die in a junkyard could I?

Attachments

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
Good save.:thumbs:

·
Squeaky Wheel
7,446 Posts
You could have left it yes, but you would have lost a lot of sleep if you had. LOL
Great save, I rescued an MF12 this past year and sold it to MH81, and he is in good shape for this month's UGLY Tractor of the Month vote LOL.
I think you have a great candidate for Before and After month of Tractor of the Month, which is only a few months away.

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,409 Posts
Man has that thing been sitting there for a while or what! It's sank a few inches into the ground! Good save!

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
That's nice to see. Another one saved. Looks like a good/straight resto project.

By the way, Dan welcome to the forum.
Please keep us posted on your project.
If you got any ???? just ask. We'll try to help.

·
RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres
15,608 Posts
Great save Dan and WELCOME to GT talk, glad you joined us....

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
It's hard to walk away from one of those, particularly when the price is right. What I hate is when a tractor worse than that comes up for sale and they want 200$ for it. I can let them go then.

·
5 Posts
That's a project! The before and after pictures will be keepers - especially with the addition of rear wheels. You won't even have to feel like doing a full restore to make a difference with that one.

·
Live long and prosper
6,787 Posts
Welcome. Nice save. Hope the project works out well for you.

·
Tractorholic
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, I have decided that I am going to make a narrow front end out of this and put a 3 point hitch on it. I got the front rims and tires today and the rear wheels from the junk yard. The rear tires are on order and should be here next week. I think I will start a new thread and show the progress of this rebuild. I have a big dream now lets see what I run out of first, time or money.

·
Super Moderator
54,332 Posts
I'll be watching for the new thread. I have something on a narrow front that may be of some help. I'll post it there.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts