Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Deceased
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thanks to member dave a,k,a K9KAS had the front wheel weights i needed there 45lbs a piece now but i have one problem, i beleave they bolt on but the wheel is held on with studs and nuts so i dont know if there was special bolts or if i should just remove 2 studs,, what do you guys think

·
Super Moderator
54,003 Posts
Some pics of the weights and wheels would help a lot!

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
I agree with Kenny. If you can get some pics of the setup I'm sure something can be figured out.

·
Deceased
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will post some as soon as i get back from pick up the ht23s

Reactions: KennyP

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
I had the same weights before. I sold them on craigslist last summer. They were for the 8" large frame wheels.

Mine came with 2 coupling nuts per wheel that you screwed to the existing studs, then you used the original lugnuts the hole the weights on.

90983a205p1l.png?ver=12220722

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I had the same weights before. I sold them on craigslist last summer. They were for the 8" large frame wheels.

Mine came with 2 coupling nuts per wheel that you screwed to the existing studs, then you used the original lugnuts the hole the weights on.
Why Thank you !! I never thought of that and wondered how the heck do they mount. Mine will be going on ASAP. It's never been a priority to mount them, since it is that simple I'll do it.
Haven't forgot about the driveshaft, I just have to dig in my shed full of stuff.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365167652.353796.jpg

My wheel weight collection. Some steel plates. 750lbs or so. .

Attachments

·
Deceased
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would like to find another set of Bolens weights or 2 and a set that say fmc so they match the front but I'm not paying $190 for a set

·
Deceased
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Man ken you were holdings kut on me I was goin nuts looking for those weights and u got. 3 sets

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I would like to find another set of Bolens weights or 2 and a set that say fmc so they match the front but I'm not paying $190 for a set
They are 3 different sizes Sam. Only one set will fit the 8" LF wheels. And they aren't for sale.

I've got two sets of the plastic 65lb 12" weights that I'd love to sell. They stick to far out for my liking.

·
Deceased
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh got ya

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
My front weights were mounted on a HT23 I bought. I sold them because it had turning effort much harder. Plus I blam the weights to the excessive front end slop that tractor had.

My opinion, only use them with you need the extra front weight.

·
Deceased
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My front weights were mounted on a HT23 I bought. I sold them because it had turning effort much harder. Plus I blam the weights to the excessive front end slop that tractor had.My opinion, only use them with you need the extra front weight.
Well i got that bulldog trencher and im goin to put power steering on it anyway

1 - 13 of 13 Posts