Garden Tractor Forums banner

I found a Springfield

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  thom 
#1 ·
I have mentioned on here before that we had a Springfield walk behind that my dad bought new, with attachments in 1947. It was stolen from me several years ago. Yesterday, at a show in Boone, NC, I found and bought another one like it. I am looking forward to restoring it. It has the Clinton engine, like our old one. It has the wheel weights that we never had before. The Clinton turns and seems to have compression. None of the metal is pitted so it should be an easy restoration.
Tire Plant Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Plant Motor vehicle

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Yes.
Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire Tractor
Tire Wheel Green Product Motor vehicle

I would love to find more attachments for mine. I still have a plow and a set of disks from the old one. My dad gave the sickle mower to one of his uncle's years ago. Both dad and the uncle have been deceased for several years. I've thought about looking up uncle's survivors to see if I can recover the sickle mower and I'd really like to find a reel mower for it.

#6 ·
Interesting take on the attachments. I see that the sulky/roller and cart use the same yoke as the Simplicity/Wards/Midland stuff, unlike the cultivator which hooks up closer to the engine.
I have a couple of Springfields, but no forward mounted attachments, although, I think I have a tongue somewhere.
Great find.

#8 ·
I remembered that Dad had an uncle, Grandad's brother that had a Simplicity like Dad's. Dad gave uncle the sickle mower for his years ago. Uncle passed away in 1983, Dad in 1999.I called my cousin, uncle's grandson, who lives on his Granddad's old home place and he said his Granddad's old tractor is still in a shed there, and come get it if I want it. I want it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.