Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
That's awesome, thanks for sharing. Would be great to take them coupons and get a couple new old tractors :D

·
Bob's Lawn and Garden LLC
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was at a auction wensday and had a chance to buy the bolens 244 24hp 4x4.Nobody knew if it ran so i bidded up to $1400 and it sold for $1500.Funny part about it a few moments later a lady with the auction found out it had a $2000 reserve on it.Didn't stick around to see what happened after they sold it $500 less then the reserve.

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
bhts said:
I was at a auction wensday and had a chance to buy the bolens 244 24hp 4x4.Nobody knew if it ran so i bidded up to $1400 and it sold for $1500.Funny part about it a few moments later a lady with the auction found out it had a $2000 reserve on it.Didn't stick around to see what happened after they sold it $500 less then the reserve.
I wonder what happens then? Does the auctioneer eat the difference since it is their mistake? I have never really been to an auction. I need to start though.

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,409 Posts
NUTNDUN said:
I have never really been to an auction. I need to start though.
Seriously...never been to an auction? Man, you're missing some serious fun! Sometimes serious aggravation too! lol

·
Bob's Lawn and Garden LLC
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
NUTNDUN said:
I wonder what happens then? Does the auctioneer eat the difference since it is their mistake? I have never really been to an auction. I need to start though.
That is a montly auction and there is anywhere from 50 to 300 garden tractors there.I didn't stick around for the outcome.But if it wasx me a would be leaving with my new toy at the 1500.

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
Those are cool.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts