Garden Tractor Forums banner

I Hope I Haven't Rubbed Anyone The Wrong Way!

1K views 22 replies 17 participants last post by  WNYTractorTinkerer 
#1 ·
Maybe I just worry to much because of the things going on in my life. But I hope I haven't come across in any of my posts or responses as someone that thinks they know it all.

If you knew me outside of the forum you would know that is far from the truth!

Even though I have been doing Mechanical work since I was young, I always remain open minded and I actually like learning new ways of doing things. Even If I have been doing things a certain way for years, I never act like my way is the right way (or the only way) to get the job done.

I just like trying to help people in any way that I can. Some times I will see a post that hasn't gotten any responses and I will try to help the best that I can even if it is on a GT that I am not familiar with. And I think in doing so I might be rubbing some people the wrong way. But that is not my intention at all!

I just feel bad when someone doesn't get a response so I try to help.(it doesn't always help) but I do try.

And one more thing, I hope no one gets offended when I make a joke on a thread. I just always liked to make people laugh. But I try not to when it is a serious subject.

Well I hope you can understand were I am coming from!

This site has helped me through a lot of tough times so far and it means more to me than you could imagine! So Thanks for everything GTt members! (now I am going to steal Ryan's chair so I can hide under it now)

Chris

See less See more
#2 ·
we all learn at a different rate and we all try to explain thinks how we would do them
some have been repairing things for year and know how to repair / fix things
some can explain them better than other

I am still learning and will learn as I go
Yes this is one the the best forum about garden tractor on the web

some like to have fun, be not trying to hurt or make any body fill bad
we all are have to learn and help others

#6 ·
Chris(s), I'm the same way as far as trying to help. Sometimes just bumping a thread helps folks take a second look.

Reactions: chris m
#9 ·
...(now I am going to steal Ryan's chair so I can hide under it now)

Chris
So, you apologize and then say something like that? I am sorry Chris, but that just does not fly with me!

But really, I enjoy seeing your posts! And I am glad you have been posting again lately! I have never taken anything you said the wrong way (not even the thing above
) and I don't think anybody else has either.

I also over-think things WAY to much! It is one of my worse habits.

#13 ·
Chris, I think a lot of us are like what Daniel described in his post. I know I can be tough on my self, especially when I'm feeling down. I think you are doing just fine, just do like we tell my grandson when he get all flustered take a deep breath, hold it and let it out you'll feel better.

#14 ·
Chris, I don't know where this is coming from, don't need to know. You are a joy to read and I am glad you are back. Your contributions to the forum are wonderful.

Congratulations, I see you are a moderator. Good for you. (If you have been one for a long time and I didn't see it till now, just let it pass as old age and bad eye sight on my part.)

#16 ·
Take Cat's chair.. more room under it cause it has to support such a big butt
.... As for rubbing the wrong way.. Only time that happens is when my ratchet slips and my knuckles slow it down..

Reactions: chris m
#23 ·
Seems there's always two ways to do things here and there.. (Your's & poop-head's??) Just kidding!! We are all friendly folks trying to help one-another and hey- The price is Great!! Getting such good advice from many different viewpoints is precious.. We all need help from time to time and places like this are great. I'm glad a couple friends invited me over! Chris- a lot of what you said in your first post is true of me as well.. Sometimes I wander off but I'm usually on point with advice and I really enjoy making fun where I can.. You can only try to help and if someone gets offended with me I'll PM the person and attempt to iron things out as far as the misunderstanding.. Fortunately for me it's only happened a few times but hey- it does.. As someone who has learned the lesson close to home that we must make the best we can of every moment of the gift of our lives it doesn't pay to try to please everyone.. You can't control how folks think or feel so you can only take care of yourself.. Thanks for posting this and it's replies are testament to the great folks here!

OK- I've blabbered on enough!! Enjoy the rest of your weekend folks!

#22 ·
Chris, all I can say, is NONSENSE. What'd you do, drive through a puddle, and splash someone, and
now you just feel guilty, period......

Never mind. They should have been wearing a raincoat.

I enjoy your posts, and have never felt, as you worried about. And, congrats on your appointment, as Mod.
I missed that too. Now I know where to send my whiny little notes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.