Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Deceased
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the EK off of the trailer, and got the truck 'unstuck' :D :D

The trailer tongue was so low that the jack wasn't going to be able to deploy. I have an A frame on the HDT1000 that has a sleeve hitch on one side and a tow tab on the other. I put a 2" ball into the tab. Backed the HDT up the the right side of the trailer up near the front. Uncoupled the hitch, and raised the trailer up with the 3-pt until it was off the truck, and high enough to swing down the jack. I did put some extra planks under the jack to keep it from sinking. Dropped it back down with the 3-pt and we were 1/2 way done :D :D.

I then got a tow strap hooked to the truck, and with the neighbor driving it, 'helped' it out with the HDT.

I was thinking of moving that trailer while I was at it, but decided that there are enough ruts in that area already.

I think I'll wait for the ground to freeze for awhile before I do that.

·
RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres
15,608 Posts
Glad you got un-stuck, those ruts look to be fairly deep.

Do you have photos posted of the HDT???? Bolens here. I'm not sure I have seen it, even though I read most all your posts

Reactions: OldBuzzard

·
Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for yo
8,677 Posts
Glad you got it unstuck. I bet that set's you mind at ease a bit.

·
Deceased
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres
15,608 Posts
Thanks OB., I knew I had seen it, but just couldn't remember. That's the one you got with all the different languages on the decals for export.

Really a nice tractor!! :thumbs:

·
Live long and prosper
6,782 Posts
I'm glad you got out. It did look pretty soupy there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts