Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
Thanks to one of our newer members, Jamie (jtrojek) I have another MF8E in the stable.
He found this one last week, and decided to pass on it, but was kind enough to pick it
up, and hold it till I could pick it up today. Thanks Jamie. He has a really neat collection
of old tiller steering GTs.

I forgot my camera in the shop tonight, but will post some pics tomorrow.
The old girl is in pretty decent shape, but will need a total tear down. Thank goodness.
Now I've got something to do this coming winter.

On a side note. I had a moment of excitement as I went to pick it up. It was pouring down rain,
and I came down a hill to a stop sign. A small orange plastic car (I think Mitsubishi) followed me to
the stop sign. We sat there for 15 seconds at least, as I waited for traffic to pass. Suddenly, I get bumped
from behind. I look in the mirror, and see only the orange plastic. Now, remember, it's pouring down in buckets.
I get out, walk to the back, to find his plastic bumper hanging onto my trailer hitch ball. The kid finally gets out,
walks up front, and says, OH Bleep-. Then he says, "your trucks OK" I said yep, and got in the truck and
drove away. I really didn't care if I pulled his bumper along with me. How can that happen? I'm guessing
he was texting, and his girlfreind got him excited, causeing his foot to slip off the brake.

Anyways, other then that, it was a good road trip, and I'm glad to have met Jamie in person, and
also, lookin forward to bringing the 8 Exec back to life.

Oh, I just found a pic.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Tread

Attachments

·
Bush Hog Addict
3,431 Posts
NIce one Will!

Interesting how these GT will come to you some times through other peoples (and members) help and kindness. I have 3 that have come that way. And I am grateful that they were willing to pass them my way!

Looking forward to seeing pics as you restore it.

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NIce one Will!

Interesting how these GT will come to you some times through other peoples (and members) help and kindness. I have 3 that have come that way. And I am grateful that they were willing to pass them my way!

Looking forward to seeing pics as you restore it.
Yes, tractor people are really good people. Jamie was really great to deal with, and I hope I can pay him back some day.
This thing came with a hydraulic dump trailer too. I'm hoping Kenny can steer me right in rebuilding it.

·
Live long and prosper
6,791 Posts
Congratulations Will. That's a really neat Massey. It looks pretty good as is.

It's nice that Jamie helped you out too.

·
PK Fanatic
5,251 Posts
The Executive series was the first entry by Massey Ferguson into the Garden Tractor arena. They were made by Dura Corp (makers of Moto-Mowers)

Very rugged units, they are very popular to collect.
Did Massey Ferguson make the MF10, MF12, MF14, etc? What about the newer ones before snapper?

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That's a nice looking exec Will. With this addition you'll be needing an Executive Suite added on to Massey Hall.
I'm starting to think an addition is in order, but if it's going to be the executive suite, can it be bigger than Massey Hall?
It was only a year and a half ago, that I built MH, and I thought it was plenty big then. Apperently not. Oh well,at least
I know I won't be getting bored any time soon. Anyone want to go logging with me? I'm going to need trees to build
the East wing for the Execs.

Anyhow, gotta give that more thought, but this afternoon I put the exec in the shop. Drained fuel, flushed tank, changed
spark plug, cleaned/rebuilt carb, installed battery, installed new air filter, checked oils, and she fired right up. Then I had
to adjust the clutch, and took her for a spin. Tranny is all good, and no engine smoke. There is some bearing noise, but
I haven't determined if it's from the engine or the starter/Gen, or the hydraulic pump. Either way, that's ok. It's only a bearing.
Main thing, is that the tranny is good.

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
It looked like a well maintained tractor will and it sounds like that was the case. Not having to go inside the tranny or engine is a big bonus.

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It looked like a well maintained tractor will and it sounds like that was the case. Not having to go inside the tranny or engine is a big bonus.
Yes, the tranny being good, is a big bonus. I was planning on rebuilding the engine anyway, so if the noise
is in there, that's not a biggy. For now, I know more or less, what I'm up against, and now I'll just park it, and
tackle it this winter.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts