Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, here in SW Ohio, they're planning on anywhere from 2 inches to 6+ inches of snow, depending on which weather station you watch, so I decided to put the blade on the 1254. This is the first time I've ever had the blade on it, because we've not had snow since I got it running. I'm pretty sure that being prepared for snow guarantees we won't get any :)

Does this look like its hooked up correctly? I added the chain and just put bolts in the front where it mounts to the frame. It looks right to me, but it is next to impossible to raise and lower it with the handle.
image.jpg image.jpg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
Can't see the area where it's bolted to frame but thats pretty much straight forward. As to the chain, as long as it's strong enough and that lift lever is all the way forward when you hook the chain on, I would think 'it should work'.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I think the chain is mounted to the handle to low.

Its to close to the pivot point of handle.

Try attaching the chain higher up the handle

away from the pivot point of handle.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
That is similiar to the way mine is attached, the top bracket where the chain is attached should be about 10" from the top of the lift handle.

Dick

·
Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for yo
8,677 Posts
I think I would l look into one of those electric actuators or some type of wench to raise and lower the blade. But I'm old so I like doing things the easy way.

Are you sure that chain is strong enough? I would think if the chain was raised in the middle with a pull it might be easier to raise and lower as well.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have that lift bar just sitting here on a parts tractor. I have no use for it. It is yours if you make a donation to GTTalk.com and pay shipping.
I really appreciate that. If you pm me your address and let me know what you think shipping would be I will be happy to take it off your hands.

·
GT Lunatic
5,840 Posts
I think the chain is mounted to the handle to low.

Its to close to the pivot point of handle.

Try attaching the chain higher up the handle

away from the pivot point of handle.
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
The chain is hooked up in the proper spot the "lift rod" would be. Having the chain higher up would make it harder to lift as you would loose leverage.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts