Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While wandering through the fleas at the show I just attended I found some goodies. There was a vendor that has tables full of banana boxes that each item is $1. Took me a while but I sorted out Craftsman sockets 3/8" thru 7/8" plus a couple of deep ones, a square drive for pipe plugs etc. and 2 Craftsman end wrenches and a chisel. Everything else was found for $1 an item from various vendors except the tube of valve grind paste and that was half a buck. Brand new Champ plugs that will fit the Wisconsin motors I have. New Kohler oil filter, Champ plug for small motors [push mower etc.] Couldn't resist and grabbed a good pair of 23 x 9.5 x 12 tires with a pair of 4.10 x 6 tires for $20. Found a B&S flywheel for cheap that will replace the one on the 2 wheeler that is missing a fin. Can't help it, take it where you find it, and get while you can!
Hand tool Household hardware Metalworking hand tool Wood Tool
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber
Eye Tire Automotive tire Tread Wheel
Jaw Natural material Gear Art Circle

·
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, I have to stand and think about what sizes I need to replace, and then end up buying the wrong size. Should carry a list of things to look for in my wallet. I am always looking for the old but in good condition Vise Grips. You want to find the ones made by Peterson Mfg. in DeWitt, Nebraska. The newer ones made by Irwin are ok but not as good as the older ones. IMHO at least. I saw a couple of them but the price was a wee higher that I was willing to spend. I have various styles and sizes and would be happy to add a few more to the toolbox. Most of mine have come from lawn/garage sales for a few bucks each. I'm not cheap, I just try to watch how I spend the money!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts