Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
PK Fanatic
5,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other night Chris m and I where talking, and we could not come up with any good inside hobbies for when the weather outside is bad. So, what do you guys do when you are not able to go outside?

·
Tractorholic
3,907 Posts
Ryan: do you fish? I Tie flies and make fishing lures, which can be done at a small desk or work table.

I reload ammunition for all my Centerfire rifles. That can be simple or as technical and precise as you want.

I can get so anal as to study and memorize Ballistic tables?

And I did woodworking untill I lost my shop. Have not set it up again since I moved 3 yrs ago.

Read, either for entertainment or study Tech manuals to put more arrows in your quiver.

That reminds me if your into archery you can make your own arrows and save a ton of money.

I would like to learn Cad Design, so I can design amnd draw plans for implements for my GT's and Tractor. (yes I think Old Men can learn that yet :wave: ) I would like to design a 1 row potato planter and digger.

I have a nephew who started building and racing Radio Controlled electric buggies in his bedroom(at about your age). That evolved into fuel powered buggies . Then to building a Rock Crawler from scratch. He is very active in the MOBI(Make it or break it) offroad club here in Iowa. He recently won best of show at a Jeep Show(home built) with his buggy.

Let your imangination go wild, the options are unlimited!!

·
Registered
429 Posts
This....... but typically it's randomly roaming different sites and catching a few ZZZZZZs.

Attachments

·
Live long and prosper
6,791 Posts
I surf the net more. I scan ebay and craigslist for some of the things I collect. After that, I look at some of my collection items.

I don't take naps like a lot of the responses say here, I just don't.

I also go out and clean the garage or whatever else needs to be cleaned and/or reorganized.

Reactions: hamman

·
Collector of stuff
1,813 Posts
If it is not house projects/repairs, I do a lot of reading, some fly tying, mostly wet flies and streamers, and a bit of model building for a someday train layout. I usually have an early Briggs in process on one corner of the bench too.

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
I enjoy woodworking & model trains HO scale. Since I'm a carpenter by trade I use my scrap wood like cedar & poplar to cut scaled lumber for all my structures I build. Here is a couple of pics of my coal mining & my saw mill projects.

Train Rolling stock Transport hub Track Railway

Wood Vehicle Composite material Rolling Gas

Tree Wood Plant Window Fence

Building Window Tree Wood House

Attachments

·
Registered
1,529 Posts

·
PK Fanatic
5,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Those are all pretty good ideas! This morning, I ended up going out in the rain to wash the F250. Then I spent some time with my taxidermy hobby changing buckets of soapy water, and gluing a snapping turtle skull together. Now I just got back from Wall Mart, a buddy and I went to get a few things for a fishing trip this weekend. I think I will go out and clean up in the garage some, but I don't let it get to messy, so it will not take long to organize a little.

·
PK Fanatic
5,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I decided... It is only rain. So, I went out to try and fix the F250. It was easily 3 years ago that my Dad changed the distributer, and when he put the new on in he did not line up the teeth correctly.

When I put the engine to TDC and took off the distributer cap, the rotor was two cylinders ahead of cylinder 1! I set it so the rotor was where it had to be. I had to temporarily take the battery out of the '71 1614 PK, and when I turned it over the selionoid just clicked a lot. I called my uncle to see what he had to say and he said to check my grounds, which made a lot of sense... Because I only had the battery terminals set on the battery posts. Once I tightened them, it turned over. Although it turned over, the battery did not have much juice so the engine turned over slow, so slow I could not tell if I fixed the truck. I have the charger on the battery now, I will try again in the morning.

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Wet outside, then I'm usually in the garage working on something, tractors, cars, whatever. I also have plenty of inside projects I need to complete....then there is GTT, CL, MTF, Youtube, Evilbay, etc.

My wife and I share a hobby,..... ok time to stop typing :smilewink:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts