Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was given a tractor lately. Due to the injector and clutch problems, dealer is estimating $2400 in repairs not including the full service of fluids and filters, and then new tires all the way around. Unit has 2,000 hours on it. No rust. Is it worth fixing or should I part it out and buy something used that is newer albeit, more expensive. If so recommendations for good old tractor...two wheel drive is fine for us.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,570 Posts
Hard to say. What would a newer or new tractor like that be worth. ? Some times it's cheaper to fix what you got. Than to find some thing else. That's a very capable tractor fixed up and running. Would tires be about $ 1000.00 or more. So then have $ 3400 in to it. Plus other fix ups, about a $1000.00 if nothing major. It's a gamble. It depends on how fast you need this tractor working. If you have time. Then you can source stuff and people to repair it. If no time, well you're lookin at a different tractor, that's able to run after doing a general service.

Good luck with it.

Noel.

·
Fixer of Broken junk
4,976 Posts
Ebay Clutch kit $140

https://www.ebay.com/itm/KUBOTA-TRACTOR-CLUTCH-KIT-B4200-B5100BB6000-B6100-B7100-B7200/132817415797?hash=item1eec88ee75:g:cEEAAOSw4jFa9Z0b

Is it the injectors or the injection pump? Injectors are cheap.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fuel-Injector-Nozzel-for-Kubota-B5200D-B5200E-B6100D-B6100E-B7200D-B7200E/113491795966?hash=item1a6ca35ffe:g:vUUAAOSwIkNcI12Q

It's a bit of work to split a tractor. I would Make sure that it will run before going through the hassle of splitting the tractor and installing a new clutch.

·
Premium Member
7,364 Posts
Your tractor is at the point to where you have to decide how bad you want it in usable condition. If you do get it in running do you have a use for it or are you going to sell it? They are a small machine which limits their usefulness. Are you able to do any of the work yourself? If not I'd part it out unless you know for sure there is nothing else wrong with it. These things can turn into a money pit in a hurry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.