Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Aaron
6,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone ready for tax season?!!!

Finished mine tonight. Used taxslayer as i have every year for the last sevetal execpt last year when I did a long form. Didn't do a long form this year. I probably should have done that.

Had to have extra paper work proving my family had health insurance all year.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
DONE AND DONE !!!!!!! we get our done by a pro and we are all set. otherwise I don't worry to much about it. on a different note momma already has the refund money spent

Pete

·
Registered
9,322 Posts
I had mine done for Free by a certified tax preparer. Iowa State gets a grant to train volunteers in county seat cities to do taxes for elderly and/or low income. Was the first one this year and took about an hour as the software was slow and had some glitches that had to be worked around. Going to do some upgrades in the house. New carpet in the large living room and lined drapes on the North windows. I get what's left for the tractors - her's included.

Reactions: Gtractor

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Had to have extra paper work proving my family had health insurance all year.
I noticed that extra form I got at work I think it was 1095 form that showed all members I guess this can charge the penalty by month now

[/QUOTE]

The 1095-C is the form that shows you had health insurance through your employer.

We do ours ourselves. No long form only short form. 2 W2's and that is it.

H.R.Block online service.$16 for state and federal.

·
1,436 Posts
I used to use Turbo Tax until PayPal started sending out 1099K forms and now I pay $160 to have it done.I got fined (or taxed) last year for not having insurance and I heard the cost is going to be higher this year.

·
Registered
7,006 Posts
Got mine done Saturday, same company we've been with for the last 35 years. Kid who came out to do it still had milk on his chin! But, he's better at figuring out numbers than I am, and says I won't have to pay tax this year---- I still won't relax about it until the Feds. say I can 'though.

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
We used to do it ourselves through turbo tax until 3 yrs later we got audited for something Turbo should have caught and had to pay a fine and "interest", what a racket. Now we have a CPA do it, yea costs us 140-160, but we are usually covered. Just waiting on the wife to get medical stuff ready so we can drop them off. Need them this year early, we have to fill out FAFSA for the boys college in the fall :boo_hoo:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.