Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to Howard and others for help finding a HST filter for my MF 12. I ordered from a local NH dealer. I received it yester day and it was a perfect match. The neck on the filter was slightly longer, which works fine with the coil spring that holds the filter in place.

I have my MF 12 completely stripped down. the frame and front axle I have painted and presently cleaning and priming all the parts.

·
Tractorholic
3,097 Posts
Excellent, glad to hear of your progress. Take a few pictures and show us what you're doing when you get a chance.

·
Super Moderator
54,456 Posts

·
Super Moderator
54,456 Posts
That's where I got my last one!

Reactions: Ford Chet

·
Registered
10 Posts
After years of checking I just found someone who claims to have some jac545440 in stock.

https://www.machinerytrader.com/parts/parts-for-sale-parts-search-results?page=1&partnumber=jac545440

I only ordered one since I can't afford more at this time. With shipping about $50. We'll see if they actually have any.

The hydrostatic transmission on my Massy MF12 was made by Sunstrand and used on several different brand name lawn tractors built at that time. The one that's in there now is 12 years old and going strong (knock wood). I hope to have a spare because without the filter the lawn tractor turns into a very heavy paperweight.

I still use the tractor to mow the lawn and trails on my rural 40 acres. I hope to move over there soon at which time I'll see how the snowblower attachment works.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts