Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
John Deere 110
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My John Deere 110 1971 with the 8hp k181s magneto ignition I recently rebuilt will not turn off on key. There is a loose blue wire on the front of the engine that I’m pretty sure has something to do with it but I’m not sure where it goes.
Grey Bag Gas Hat Tints and shades

·
Fixer of Broken junk
5,051 Posts
Someone was definitely messing with the wiring.

Trace that wire and see where it goes.

Factory wires were in a 3 prong connector with 2 Brown AC power wires (1 solid Brown and the other Brown with a white stripe that go from the Stator to the Voltage regulator) and 1 Solid white wire which is the ignition lead that runs from the condenser to the Switch.

Ignition and charging Wiring Diagram seperated from it's connectors but makes it easy to see where the wires go.

Rectangle Font Parallel Circuit component Auto part

Wiring Schematic

Schematic Slope Rectangle Line Font

·
Registered
John Deere 110
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I actually figured out the problem the other night. I had to splice in that wire with the points and condenser and ground my ignition switch. There was a missing wire on the g terminal on the ignition switch. I made a new wire for the harness and properly grounded it. All it does when you switch it to the off position is grounds out the ignition system. The m and g terminals are open.
Font Circle Metal Auto part Nickel

^^^^ diagram of my ignition switch ^^^^
g stands for ground and m stands for magneto, the m terminal should never have power.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts