Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this linkage hooked up the right way? All but the choke that is. Whenever I adjust the screw on top that the throttle plate is supposed to come back and rest on to idle down, it wont. Does that mean I need to adjust governor?

·
Registered
10,180 Posts
I really can't tell much from the pic. Go to the Manuals Section and download the Kohler manual and study the carborator and governor sections. It may be as simple as adjusting the mounting of the throttle cable. Good Luck, Rick

·
My projects take longer so I enjoy them more...
4,939 Posts
I don't think the governor spring looks right. I will check my 312 when I get home.

·
Getting Out!
8,215 Posts
Too dark for picture. Looks like gov spring at bottom is hitting the fuel line?? At times just putting the cable outer housing in diff position on it's clamp allows more movement. You change anything recently that makes it not work now.....say that fuel line that looks new? Books might show the proper holes for the spring to be in and other end with linkage might have more holes, can't see. Gov can be re-adjusted at it's shaft and mount, but if hasn't been apart or loose lately, don't think that should change.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.