Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently acquired a Model 33 JD tiller for my 140. While doing some research about tillers in general I took notice to something. The model 33 tiller from seems to share quite a few components with a Massey Ferguson 550 tiller. There are quite a few differences in how the tiller is driven, but the gear boxes, chain drive system, sheet metal all seems very close, Did Deere and MF get tillers from a common supplier or one bought from the other? i'm sure somebody has noticed this, before but couldn't find any evidence.

IMG_0523_zpspjmc6srk.jpg

IMG_0520_zpsyxhjc3i8.jpg

2rqfwjo.jpg

post-3180-0-25189600-1342614522.jpg

·
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is intriguing, I was told deere and Haban worked together in the beginning for the attachments for the 110, but i figured the later stuff was designed by deere. Did Haban offer their own versions of these attachments or just manufactured them for other companies branding? Does anyone have a specific info about their partner ship with deere and or other companies?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.